StitchMinder iPhone application

So I have downloaded the StitchMinder iPhone app. I figured it would be perfect since I prefer to knit at the park and at work. I always have my phone on me anyway so I don't have to keep track of my stitches on a sheet of paper or in the notes section of my iPhone. I think the application is great.


My biggest pet peeve with this app is that it takes me longer to get through a row than it does for my iPhone screen saver to go on. So any time I actually want to go ahead and mark a row as being complete I have to unlock the phone first. I do have some apps that have the light go off after the 5 or so seconds but the screen is not locked so all you have to do is touch the screen to wake it. I would love to see an iteration of this app with that functionality as it quickly becomes cumbersome to use this app.
By time I had downloaded it they had already fixed the problem of the accidental reset by adding a are you sure pop-up. Mind you if you accidentally hit the EDIT button which is directly above the RESET button it is very easy to lose your information. Your options at this point is to change the information to what it currently is or to back out of the entire program. It would be nice if the EDIT COUNTER screen automatically had the STARTING COUNT be what your current count is instead of 0.


Another problem I have encountered is that if you select the information button and go to their legal screen when you push the BACK button you are left with a sad empty screen, but fear not, when you exit the app and come back none of the information will be lost.

0 comments: